XI HAIR BLOG - The holy grail for keeping dry hair moisturised
From UV damage, to colouring your hair, using the wrong products, applying heat and actions as simple as sleeping, your hair takes quite a beating! It’s important to know the steps that you have to take to keep your hair healthy and moisturised so it can bounce back from damage and keep you looking fabulous!
1. Colour Damage
If your hair is dry from over-processing, there are steps that you can take to bring it back from the edge. Since it’s likely that you don’t want to chop your hair down to the root (what!?), use these tips and trick to keep your processed hair moisturised.
- Stick to more natural or close to natural hair colours rather than say colours such as platinum blonde. Bleach is known to make your hair dry and brittle.
- Don’t use other chemical processes like chemical straightening or curing (a.k.a. “perms”). If you want to straighten your hair at the salon, check out keratin straightening.
- Use our Remy and virgin human hair extensions! Pre-boned hair extensions protect your real hair and come in a wide variety of colours and styles so you can get that fresh-out-of-the-salon look without having to touch your natural hair.
2. Heat Damage
We all love a hair tool: blow dryers speed up our mornings whilst giving us volume, straighteners make us sleek and edgy, curling irons make our hair fun, romantic, soft or wild!
But alas, heat tools are decidedly not a girl’s best friend.
Heat protectant is probably the most important tool in your haircare arsenal. If you expose your hair to extreme heat frequently or without first using a high-quality protectant, you will have dry, damaged hair that is hard to fix.
To protect your hair from heat damage, try limiting your heat styling to 1-2 times per week. And use a heat protectant- Every. Single. Time!
3. Avoid damage altogether with Remy human hair extensions
Hair extensions are especially wonderful if your hair has begun to break from colour or heat damage. While wearing extensions, you give your hair a change to grow and heal while still having long and luscious locks.
With XI HAIR extensions, you can style and colour them just as you would your natural hair without having to worry about the damage to your natural hair. Although, since XI HAIR extensions are REAL human hair, they are subject to the same risk of damage as your natural hair is. You should still take caution when colouring and styling XI HAIR extensions and, say it with us, use heat protectant!
4. Products to rehydrate hair
Coconut oil is a saviour for damaged hair. It sinks down into the hair cuticles and hydrates from the inside out and also has anti-bacterial properties! What more could you want?It’s a great idea to use styling products, shampoo and conditioner that have a bit of coconut oil in them already. Using a heat protectant with coconut oil in it isn’t a bad idea either! To really replenish your strands, you can melt coconut oil into a liquid and apply it directly to the hair for a hydrating mask. Make sure to rub it into the scalp really well too!